We are hiring a DevOps Engineer
JOB TITLE: DevOps Engineer
REPORTING TO: Project Manager
LOCATION: Belfast or Enniskillen
WORKING AT ANAEKO:
Founded in 2004 by a team that pioneered innovations in mobile messaging, mobile internet and the Internet of Things, Anaeko is a leading intelligent multi-cloud analytics expert that emphasises quality, speed and innovation. For the past 15 years, Anaeko has innovated on behalf of global technology companies in the fields of mobile computing, social media, cloud computing, big data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Our clients rely on us to innovate on their behalf and solve their most complex technical challenges as part of their R&D efforts to build their products and solutions.
We bring decades of integration experience and a “can do” attitude to the increasingly changing cloud landscape. Located in Belfast and Enniskillen, we serve customers in the UK, Europe, Asia and the USA.
As the movement to the cloud continues to rapidly expands, we are experiencing unprecedented growth across three main competency disciplines: AWS, Azure and RedHat.
At Anaeko, we recognise that the world of work has changed and our people have different needs and expectations from their employment and their employer.
If you are someone who values:
- Working with and learning from teams of experts
- On-going development of new skills to tackle new challenges and meet customer expectations
- The opportunity to build new competencies and gain certifications across our core disciplines – AWS, Azure, and RedHat
- Working with big brand names on their R&D efforts
- Working with leading edge Multi-Cloud technology
- Variety in the technologies and projects you work on
- Being part of multi-disciplinary teams working on multiple use cases
- Regular rotation to develop new skills and work with new technologies
- Being rewarded and promoted for your own personal contribution – rather than being time served or restricted by glass ceilings or quotas
- Variety in career paths and choices
- Being part of a stable and growing Company with low level attrition
- A lean management structure with quick decision making and progress
- Flexible working approaches
- Opportunities to travel and work directly with customers
- Opportunities to support the local tech ecosystem
- A positive, fun and open Company culture
then Anaeko is the perfect fit for you!
This exciting and varied role will involve working across Anaeko clients and projects to deliver DevOps solutions to enable overall project delivery. The role will involve working with established and experienced agile software development teams as part of Anaeko’s Cloud Object Storage & Cloud Integration Services organisation.
- Design and build secure cloud infrastructure
- Design, build and maintain CI/CD systems using tools such as Jenkins and Azure DevOps Services
- Work with agile development processes and take ownership on certain aspects of the CI/CD processes by putting appropriate methods and tools in place
- Implement monitoring and recording systems
- Implement microservices and containers
- Troubleshoot configuration and environmental issues and provide working solutions
- Act as the DevOps point of contacts for clients and project teams
- Contribute to bid teams, requirements gathering and effort estimation as a DevOps subject matter expert.
- Degree level education in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- 2 years experience in a DevOps role or a developer role which included a significant element of DevOps activities
- Experienced in at least one of the main cloud technologies – AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM
- Strong working knowledge of Linux and/or Windows
- Proven experience of building and implementing CI/CD pipelines including
experience with repos, build automation tools, build orchestration and environment automation E.g. Jenkins, GIT, CloudFormation, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Azure Stack
- Experience in implementing tools for logging, monitoring and alerting. E.g. TICK Stack, ELK Stack, Splunk, CloudWatch, Nagios
- Experience in creating and automating virtual machines in the cloud
- An understanding or experience of high availability, business continuity and disaster recovery solutions in the cloud
- 3+ years experience in a DevOps role
- Experience in implementing microservices and containers using, for example, Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift
- Experience implementing other cloud infrastructure and networking required to host services, including storage, firewall and network configuration
- Experience in deploying serverless functions e.g. AWS Lambda, GCP Cloud Functions, Azure Cloud Functions
- Experience of engaging and working directly with customers
ANAEKO EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
In addition to the quality and variety of work combined with on-going professional development, Anaeko offers its employees the following benefits:
- Market Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- 24 days holiday per year plus 10 statutory holidays
- 5% match contributory pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance at 4 x salary
- Childcare Vouchers
- Free car parking
- Flexible working models
- Office locations in Belfast and Enniskillen
- Regular social activities for all the team