We are hiring an IT Bid Manager
JOB TITLE: IT Bid Manager
REPORTING TO: Sales Director
WORKING AT ANAEKO:
Founded in 2004 by a team that pioneered innovations in mobile messaging, mobile internet and the Internet of Things, Anaeko is a leading intelligent multi-cloud analytics expert that emphasises quality, speed and innovation. For the past 15 years, Anaeko has innovated on behalf of global technology companies in the fields of mobile computing, social media, cloud computing, big data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Our clients rely on us to innovate on their behalf and solve their most complex technical challenges as part of their R&D efforts to build their products and solutions.
We bring decades of integration experience and a “can do” attitude to the increasingly changing cloud landscape. Located in Belfast and Enniskillen, we serve customers in the UK, Europe, Asia and the USA.
As the movement to the cloud continues to rapidly expands, we are experiencing unprecedented growth across three main competency disciplines: AWS, Azure and RedHat.
At Anaeko, we recognise that the world of work has changed and our people have different needs and expectations from their employment and their employer.
If you are someone who values:
- Working with and learning from teams of experts
- On-going development of new skills to tackle new challenges and meet customer expectations
- The opportunity to build new competencies and gain certifications across our core disciplines – AWS, Azure, and RedHat
- Working with big brand names on their R&D efforts
- Working with leading edge Multi-Cloud technology
- Variety in the technologies and projects you work on
- Being part of multi-disciplinary teams working on multiple use cases
- Regular rotation to develop new skills and work with new technologies
- Being rewarded and promoted for your own personal contribution – rather than being time served or restricted by glass ceilings or quotas
- Variety in career paths and choices
- Being part of a stable and growing Company with low level attrition
- A lean management structure with quick decision making and progress
- Flexible working approaches
- Opportunities to travel and work directly with customers
- Opportunities to support the local tech ecosystem
- A positive, fun and open Company culture
Anaeko is looking to recruit a Bid Manager to enhance the Anaeko sales function (incorporating sales, pre-sales & subject matter specialists). The Bid Manager will make a significant contribution to bid strategy, processes, controls and will be responsible for delivering bids to the required quality, timescale and budget. Training will be provided from within the experienced Anaeko sales function and as such, we will consider applicants with IT sector experience and who have transferable skills in other disciplines such as Technical, Project, Bids or Operations.
- Understand the Offering/Proposition through collaborative review and interpretation of customer requirements and ensure the appropriate bid processes, governance and controls are established and communicated to the bid team.
- Contribute to and proactively challenge the win strategy, win themes, bid qualification and competitive analysis to ensure they are appropriate for the type, scales and scope of opportunity.
- Ensure effective communication to the bid team and all relevant stakeholders throughout the bid lifecycle
- With input from the bid team, co-ordinate and produce a fully costed bid budgets and appropriate bid plans including work-package planning and control mechanisms for multi-party bids for e.g. the use of an external specialist third party
- Identify the key bid resources required both internally and externally, plan engage and secure availability as appropriate
- Establish the bid governance appropriate to the opportunity from bid qualification through to bid approval for submission
- Ensure that bids are submitted on time and in compliance with the published customer criteria and internal governance guidelines including the formal review of all bid deliverables
- Ensure work and responsibilities are clearly apportioned and articulated including flow through as required into commercial agreements with customers and third parties
- With input from the bid team co-ordinate and produce a bid risk plan, with regular reviews, and governance.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of bid processes and associated best practice
- Manage the sales & bids knowledge base and proactively contribute to the ongoing capture, classification and sharing of knowledge and experience across the Anaeko community
- Manage, co-ordinate and generate proposal collateral to satisfy customer response requirements and evaluation criteria.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of working in the IT sector in a professional discipline (e.g. Technical, Project, Bids or Operations);
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint and Excel to allow management and formatting of bid and presentation templates;
- Customer-facing and highly professional with excellent interpersonal skills in communicating with customers and staff at all levels;
- Attention to detail and an ability to prioritise a complex and varied workload;
- Ability to work as part of a team, with a flexible approach to work;
- Ability to be proactive, hardworking and flexible when approaching challenging deadlines.
- Experience of working in a sales or bid environment;
- Experience or accreditation in formal bid management techniques and process such a Shipley or equivalent;
- Experience of proposal and technical writing.
ANAEKO EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
In addition to the quality and variety of work combined with on-going professional development, Anaeko offers its employees the following benefits:
- Market Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- 24 days holiday per year plus 10 statutory holidays
- 5% match contributory pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance at 4 x salary
- Childcare Vouchers
- Free car parking
- Flexible working models
- Office locations in Belfast and Enniskillen
- Regular social activities for all the team