We are hiring a Principal Python Engineer
JOB TITLE: Principal Python Engineer
REPORTING TO: Delivery Manager
LOCATION: Belfast, Enniskillen or UK Remote
This role involves working as a lead Python developer within a distributed agile development team developing new-to-market containerised multi cloud applications. Successful candidates should be highly motivated self-starters with both deep and diverse experience of serverless cloud platforms
Innovation, initiative, continuous improvement and career progression is expected of successful candidates.
- Provide technical leadership to teams.
- Architect, design and implement technical solutions for customer projects using Python.
- Agile requirements specifications, component designs and interface specifications.
- Test-driven development, component testing and participating in system and integration testing.
- Develop technical documentation for defined solutions/components.
- Contribute to peer reviews of designs, code and test specifications.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Agile reporting to Delivery Managers and Customers.
- Continuous innovation and improvement.
- 10 years experience in software engineering roles, including software design, architecture, development and test of scalable, reliable production software.
- At least 5 years recent python development experience, including the use of python typin.
- Developing for containers, with knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- High-scale, highly available REST API microservice architectures using container-based and serverless service.
- Experience developing for, and deploying python applications to public or private cloud.
- Test Automation experience including TDD and BDD using pytest and other test automation tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CI/CD pipelines with extensive knowledge of GitHub actions.
- Ability to operate within a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Familiarity with common web services, technologies, architectures and related practices to make them reliable.
- Cloud fundamentals certificate in AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform.
- Thorough understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Pydantic data validation using python type annotations.
- Experience of Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
WORKING AT ANAEKO:
At Anaeko, we recognise that the world of work has changed and our people have different needs and expectations from their employment and their employer.
If you are someone who values:
- Working with and learning from teams of experts
- On-going development of new skills to tackle new challenges and meet customer expectations
- The opportunity to build new competencies and gain certifications across our core disciplines – AWS, Azure, and RedHat
- Working with big brand names on their R&D efforts
- Working with leading edge Multi-Cloud technology
- Variety in the technologies and projects you work on
- Being part of multi-disciplinary teams working on multiple use cases
- Regular rotation to develop new skills and work with new technologies
- Being rewarded and promoted for your own personal contribution – rather than being time served or restricted by glass ceilings or quotas
- Variety in career paths and choices
- Being part of a stable and growing Company with low level attrition
- A lean management structure with quick decision making and progress
- Flexible working approaches
- Opportunities to travel and work directly with customers
- Opportunities to support the local tech ecosystem
- A positive, fun and open Company culture
then Anaeko is the perfect fit for you!
ANAEKO EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
In addition to the quality and variety of work combined with on-going professional development, Anaeko offers its employees the following benefits:
- Market Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- 24 days holiday per year plus 10 statutory holidays
- 5% match contributory pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance at 4 x salary
- Childcare Vouchers
- Free car parking
- Flexible working models
- Office locations in Belfast and Enniskillen
- Regular social activities for all the team