We are hiring a Software Engineer (Java)
JOB TITLE: Software Engineer (Java)
REPORTING TO: Technical Project Manager
LOCATION: Belfast or Enniskillen
WORKING AT ANAEKO:
Founded in 2004 by a team that pioneered innovations in mobile messaging, mobile internet and the Internet of Things, Anaeko is a leading intelligent multi-cloud analytics expert that emphasises quality, speed and innovation. For the past 15 years, Anaeko has innovated on behalf of global technology companies in the fields of mobile computing, social media, cloud computing, big data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Our clients rely on us to innovate on their behalf and solve their most complex technical challenges as part of their R&D efforts to build their products and solutions.
We bring decades of integration experience and a “can do” attitude to the increasingly changing cloud landscape. Located in Belfast and Enniskillen, we serve customers in the UK, Europe, Asia and the USA.
As the movement to the cloud continues to rapidly expands, we are experiencing unprecedented growth across three main competency disciplines: AWS, Azure and RedHat.
At Anaeko, we recognise that the world of work has changed and our people have different needs and expectations from their employment and their employer.
If you are someone who values:
- Working with and learning from teams of experts
- On-going development of new skills to tackle new challenges and meet customer expectations
- The opportunity to build new competencies and gain certifications across our core disciplines – AWS, Azure, and RedHat
- Working with big brand names on their R&D efforts
- Working with leading edge Multi-Cloud technology
- Variety in the technologies and projects you work on
- Being part of multi-disciplinary teams working on multiple use cases
- Regular rotation to develop new skills and work with new technologies
- Being rewarded and promoted for your own personal contribution – rather than being time served or restricted by glass ceilings or quotas
- Variety in career paths and choices
- Being part of a stable and growing Company with low level attrition
- A lean management structure with quick decision making and progress
- Flexible working approaches
- Opportunities to travel and work directly with customers
- Opportunities to support the local tech ecosystem
- A positive, fun and open Company culture
then Anaeko is the perfect fit for you!
This exciting and varied role will involve the design, development, testing and maintenance of customer products and solutions. The role will be part of established and experienced agile development teams within Anaeko's Cloud Object Storage & Cloud Integration Services organisation. The role will involve customer exposure, component design, development and testing. Innovation, initiative, continuous development and career progression is expected and supported.
- Development of highly scalable Java packages and programs
- Agile requirements specifications, component designs and interface specifications
- Test-driven development, component testing and participating in system and integration testing
- Highly dynamic agile working within a team of expert software developers and testers
- Contributing to peer reviews of designs, code and test specifications
- Agile reporting to Technical Project Managers, within the agile stand-ups and to end customers
- Continuous innovation and improvement.
- Degree in a relevant discipline (or alternatively possessing broader experience than required below) or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years software development experience
- Experience of development in a Linux / Unix / Containerised environment using: o Docker / Docker compose / Kubernetes
- Solid understanding of highly available, highly performant, distributed architectures
- Experience of configuration using one or more of the following o Spring, Struts, Hibernate, iBatis
- Full software lifecycle in agile development technologies
- SOA and Web Services experience (Particularly HTTP REST, SOAP, XML-RPC)
- Multi-threaded programming
- UML & OOAD
- SQL & JDBC Database design experience (PostgreSQL, MySQL, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server)
ANAEKO EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
In addition to the quality and variety of work combined with on-going professional development, Anaeko offers its employees the following benefits:
- Market Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- 24 days holiday per year plus 10 statutory holidays
- 5% match contributory pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance at 4 x salary
- Childcare Vouchers
- Free car parking
- Flexible working models
- Office locations in Belfast and Enniskillen
- Regular social activities for all the team