We are hiring a Test Engineer
JOB TITLE: Test Engineer
REPORTING TO: Technical Project Manager
LOCATION: Belfast or Enniskillen
WORKING AT ANAEKO:
Founded in 2004 by a team that pioneered innovations in mobile messaging, mobile internet and the Internet of Things, Anaeko is a leading intelligent multi-cloud analytics expert that emphasises quality, speed and innovation. For the past 15 years, Anaeko has innovated on behalf of global technology companies in the fields of mobile computing, social media, cloud computing, big data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Our clients rely on us to innovate on their behalf and solve their most complex technical challenges as part of their R&D efforts to build their products and solutions.
We bring decades of integration experience and a “can do” attitude to the increasingly changing cloud landscape. Located in Belfast and Enniskillen, we serve customers in the UK, Europe, Asia and the USA.
As the movement to the cloud continues to rapidly expands, we are experiencing unprecedented growth across three main competency disciplines: AWS, Azure and RedHat.
At Anaeko, we recognise that the world of work has changed and our people have different needs and expectations from their employment and their employer.
If you are someone who values:
- Working with and learning from teams of experts
- On-going development of new skills to tackle new challenges and meet customer expectations
- The opportunity to build new competencies and gain certifications across our core disciplines – AWS, Azure, and RedHat
- Working with big brand names on their R&D efforts
- Working with leading edge Multi-Cloud technology
- Variety in the technologies and projects you work on
- Being part of multi-disciplinary teams working on multiple use cases
- Regular rotation to develop new skills and work with new technologies
- Being rewarded and promoted for your own personal contribution – rather than being time served or restricted by glass ceilings or quotas
- Variety in career paths and choices
- Being part of a stable and growing Company with low level attrition
- A lean management structure with quick decision making and progress
- Flexible working approaches
- Opportunities to travel and work directly with customers
- Opportunities to support the local tech ecosystem
- A positive, fun and open Company culture
then Anaeko is the perfect fit for you!
This exciting and varied role will involve the definition and delivery of test strategies across a broad range of leading edge software development projects spanning cloud platforms and disruptive technology applications. The role will involve working alongside experienced agile software development teams as part of Anaeko’s Disruptive Technology Applications, Cloud Object Storage & Cloud Integration Services teams. The role will involve customer facing responsibilities. Innovation, initiative, continuous improvement and career progression is expected of successful candidates.
- Execute test plans and agile testing approaches
- Test automation across highly scalable cloud platforms and web, mobile and tablet applications
- Integration testing of cloud services, social media interfaces, big data analytics, cloud connectors and APIs
- Agile execution of test harness development, test execution and continuous integration
- Execution of component, system and integration testing combined with any additional requirements around load, stress, concurrency or soak testing
- Work dynamically across agile development teams
- Contributing to peer reviews of designs, code and test specifications
- Status reporting to Anaeko Technical Project Managers and end customers
- Configuration, management and monitoring of on premise and cloud test environments
- Continuous innovation and improvement.
- Degree in a relevant discipline (or alternatively possessing broader experience than required below) or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years software testing experience
- Demonstrable experience of designing and executing test plans
- Experience of Linux environments, and cloud infrastructure
- Test Automation using tools such as Selenium, jUnit, jMeter, Apache Benchmark, IOZone, DBench
- Proven software lifecycle experience in agile development methodologies
- Experience of deploying and monitoring cloud applications and cloud services
- Solid understanding of highly available, high performance, distributed architectures
- SQL and Database Design principles
- Have a working understanding of Behavioural Driven Development (BDD) approaches and associated tooling eg. GoDog, Ginkgo, Gherkin.
- Have experience testing APIs, Web Services, HTTP REST and Service Oriented Architectures
- Exposure to continuous integration tools within the delivery of highly distributed systems. Aware of the importance of code coverage, code profiling and automated testing
- Strong troubleshooting skills,
- The candidate should have a love of testing, be driven to achieve the highest quality standards, have creative energy and good at working under you’re their own initiative.
- Have excellent communication skills and are customer focused.
- Development of automated frameworks using Python and GO.
- Database deployment and tuning experience
- File IO Protocol experience including CIFS/SMB, NFS, POSIX, S3, OpenStack Swift, Azure Blob Store
- Enterprise Information Integration
- Middleware, Messaging and Integration experience
- Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP headers
- Mobile applications testing experience (Android, iPhone, PhoneGap/Cordova)
ANAEKO EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
In addition to the quality and variety of work combined with on-going professional development, Anaeko offers its employees the following benefits:
- Market Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- 24 days holiday per year plus 10 statutory holidays
- 5% match contributory pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance at 4 x salary
- Childcare Vouchers
- Free car parking
- Flexible working models
- Office locations in Belfast and Enniskillen
- Regular social activities for all the team