About Save The Children
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts. (from Wikipedia)
Save the Children exists to help every child reach their full potential. We make sure children stay safe, healthy and keep learning. We find new ways to reach children who need us most, no matter where they’re growing up.
(from Save the Children)
Christmas Jumper Day 2019 at Anaeko
Last Friday, Anaeko took part in Save the Children's Christmas Jumper Day 2019.
Individuals and Organisations, businesses and schools, find their most festive jumpers and wear the jumpers to work for the day instead of normal clothes or uniforms, to raise funds through sponsorship. A cheerful and festive way or raising funds and awareness for Save the Children in time for Christmas.
Best Decorated Desk
Competition for the best decorated desk 🏢 this Christmas Jumper Day at Anaeko Office.
We had a Christmas Sweepstake with staff having the chance to win a Christmas hamper.
Support Save the Children and donate
Christmas Jumper Day donations can help change the future!
Just text: TEAMANAEKO to 70050 to donate £2 to help kids all over the world.
You can choose to turn money into a better world. Here are just a few examples of what Save the Children can do with your money:
- £1 could buy a set of pencils to help a child write and learn.
- £2 could pay for antibiotics for eight children suffering from pneumonia, one of the biggest killers of children.
- £5 could buy a winter jacket for a child in Syria.
- £20 could provide a mother and newborn baby with vital supplies to keep them healthy.
- £60 could provide educational toys and books to support children from low-income families in the UK.
- £85 could provide a bicycle for a health worker in Kenya so they can care for children in places cars can't reach.
- £200 could buy a stove and fuel to heat a classroom for five months.
Thank You all for your support
A big thank you to all who took part in Anaeko's Christmas Jumper Day to raise money for Save the Children.
We had a great response with money raised going towards school supplies, medical resources, clothes or a classroom stove for children around the world. We had some competitions and Christmas hamper prizes on the day with everyone getting into the Christmas spirit to raise money for a good cause.